Old Kill Ugly Radio Project Archive
My old, pre-radio radio mix project. Many of these started out on cassette, with shows being done on computer sometime around 2000.
I will add more shows when I’ve digitized them. Longer shows have been segmented for easier consumption.
For my archives of current radio shows, go here.
Kill Ugly Radio I: Chariots of the Gods?
First ever Kill Ugly Radio from 1996. Were we visited by Gods from outer space? Were they communists? Rod Serling and Jack Webb want us to think about it. Jerry has another Red Nightmare, Inspector Lee interrogates the Death Dwarf and America is still waiting for an answer of some sort or another.
Kill Ugly Radio I: Nazis in Space (’99)
Timothy Leary and Walter Cronkite host this exploration of inner space via the Moon Landing and the long suppressed LSD experiments on the moon base modeled after Mayan ruins. The astronauts soon find out that the Germans were there first, however. Yma Sumac intervenes, but to no avail. The Nazis seem to have won this round. Little Marcy experiments with ecstasy and hijacks an Apollo spacecraft piloted by Heino.
In three parts and in 3D.
- Nazis in Space.mp3
- Acid Church W/ Anne Thraks.mp3
- You Can Be a Third Uncle in Space this Time Around.mp3
Edge of Knowhere
Kill Ugly Radio 666
An Ugly All Hallow’s Eve 2005
1.Bauhaus – Bela Lugosi’s Dead
2.Wendy Carlos – The Shining
3.Diamanda Galás – The Dance- Holokaftoma
4.Laibach – Vade Retro Satanas
5.Psychic TV – Unclean
6.Lalo Schifrin – Night Gallery
7.Jerry Goldsmith – The Omen
8.Krzystzof Komeda – Rosemary’s Baby
9.Fantômas – Rosemary’s Baby
10.Eugene Chadbourne – Psycho Birdcage
11.Laibach – Ti, Ki Izzivas [outro]
12.Marc Ribot – Empty
13.Phonequail – Last Meal Hotline
14.NON – Medici Mass
15.Big City Orchestra – Open Wide
16.Psychic TV – The Full Pack
17.UN – Videodrome is Death
18.Dead Can Dance – I Am Stretched On Your Grave
19.Death In June – Bring On The Night
20.Laibach – Sympathy for the Devil
Old Sounds for New Flesh
An ambient exploration of David Cronenberg’s Videodrome, utilizing Howard Shore’s brooding, minimal score and many sounds and dialogue from the film, manipulated and tortured by yours truly.
Kill Ugly Radio Presents: Thanks for Nothing
Not quite the mix of angry political stuff and comedy that I’ve been putting together for the last few years and stuffing in the same Crass-like CD sleeve, complete with Gee Vaucher inspired artwork and distributing to like-minded partisans. I’m sick of Dubya jokes, and now that he’s a lame bird, he defies all attempts at parody. Not that he doesn’t make the appearance. Like an uncle that you wish wouldn’t stop by for Thanksgiving supper, yet does- he’s here. But don’t worry, part two is more upbeat- just in time for when the tryptophane kicks in, so does the music.
- Firesign Theater- $100 Ben
- William S. Burroughs – Thanksgiving Prayer
- Doris Day – Que Sera Sera
- Contemporary Casuals – Thanksgiving
- Metal Urbaine – Panik
- Eric Satie – Furniture Music
- George Bush – My Message Today
- Noam Chomsky – Why Do They Hate Us?
- Negativland – The Bottom Line
- Brian Eno – Variation on Canon D
- 1984 – Miniluv/The Future
- Noam Chomsky – Torture
- Noam Chomsky – Corporate Feeding Frenzy
- Coldcut – Everything is Under Control
- Emergency Broadcast Network – Get Down (ver. 1.5)
- Delkom – Superjack-Delkom
- End. – To Hell With Everyone
- Laibach – War (Methods of Prevention Mix)
- UN – Theme from the Project for the New American Century
- UN – Wargasm!
- The Fugs – Nothing
- The Dicks – Bourgeois Fascist Pig
- Mike Patton – Porno Holocaust
- Firesign Theater – Sleep
- Hawkwind – The Watcher
Dedicated to the memory of Mystery Science Theater’s Turkey Day Marathons, which gave my brother and I something to watch instead of football on Thanksgiving.
Kill Ugly Thanksgiving.mp3 (60 mins. 54.6 MB)
Kill Ugly Radio Presents: Godcast
Everyone’s podcasting now, even God.
1. My God’s Better Than Your God – Casual Contemporaries
2. I Ain’t Goin’ To Goa – Alabama 3
3. Grandpa – American Family Association
4. Susie Moppet Singalong – The Branflakes
5. Sluggin’ Fer Jesus pt. 1 – Cabaret Voltaire
6. Jesus Thinks You’re a Jerk – Frank Zappa
7. Gay Day – Melba and Bob Larson
8. But I Don’t Believe in Evolution – Evolution Control Committee
9. Diary of An Unborn Child – Lil’ Markie
10. Reality Asylum – Crass
11. In Heaven – David Lynch/Peter Ivors
12. ACLU to Blame – Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson
13. God is God – Laibach
14. I Am God – Negativland
15. God is God Laibach (Diabolic Mix)
16. Divine Order – 300,000 V.K.
17. Zoroaster 2000 – 300,000 V.K.
18. 9-11-01 – Tom Leykis
19. The Lord’s Prayer – Nina Hagen
20. A Plausible Theory – Carl Sagan
21. I Believe – Flip Frisch
Kill Ugly Radio Presents: Happy Samhain
Here’s my burnt offering in hopes of a bountiful music harvest in the year to come.
This one’s darker and uglier than any of my previous Halloween mixes. You’ve been warned.
Death and Rebirth.
1. Siouxsie and the Banshees – Halloween
2. MX-80 Sound – Halloween
3. Matt Clifford – The Return of the Living Dead Theme
4. Karl-Ernst Sasse – Kampf Golem und Floriano
5. Horrific Child – Horreur Indescriptible Et Accumulee
6. Rev. Jim Jones – Last Recordings
7. Laibach – Smrt za Smrt
8. Throbbing Gristle – Hamburger Lady
9. Charles Manson – Tom Snyder Interview
10. Sonic Youth – Death Valley ‘69
11. Skinny Puppy – Worlock
12. My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult – …And This Is What The Devil Does!
13. The Cramps – I Was a Teenage Werewolf
14. Roky Erikson – Burn the Flames
15. SPK – Agony of the Plasma
16. Goblin – Witch (from Suspira)
17. Angelo Badalamenti – The Black Dog Runs at Night
18. Butthole Surfers – Graveyard
19. Paul Giovanni – Appointment with The Wicker Man
Kill Ugly Samhain Sacrifice.mp3 ( 66.6 minutes, 66 megs)